scoring position." Dellin

#1 von jin shuiqian , 21.11.2019 03:50

Former Rutgers University football player Eric LeGrand, whose recovery from a paralyzing injury suffered during a game has become a unifying and inspirational story for the school, was announced Tuesday as one of its commencement speakers, a day after he said the offer to do so was rescinded "for political reasons." The announcement from Rutgers President Robert Barchi, who said there was a "miscommunication" about the speeches, is the latest development in a strange saga surrounding the May 18 ceremony. The New Jersey university initially announced that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice would give the keynote address, and school officials maintained that she would not be "disinvited" as some students and faculty protested her selection, including holding a sit-in last week. They objected largely because of her role in deciding the U.S. would go to war in Iraq. But on Saturday, Rice withdrew from the speech. On Monday, former New Jersey Gov. Tom Kean, who was one of the chairmen of the Sept. 11 Commission, was named as the new keynote speaker. Hours after that announcement, LeGrand tweeted that he had been offered the chance to give the speech, but that the university rescinded the offer "for political reasons." Rutgers spokesman Greg Trevor said when university officials spoke with LeGrand, they may have given the impression that he was to be the keynote speaker, when that was not the plan. LeGrand will speak before Kean at the ceremony. LeGrand did not return a message from The Associated Press seeking further details. He told NJ.com that athletic director Julie Hermann told him on Monday that Rutgers had decided to go with another speaker. Trevor said he would look into that assertion. "I just want an explanation," LeGrand told the website. "I wish somebody would have given me a call tonight and explained to me why. Then I can understand, but dont just leave me hanging." In his statement Tuesday afternoon, Barchi said LeGrand had been invited as one of multiple speakers. "It was never our intention that Eric would be the only speaker. We have resolved that miscommunication and are delighted to have him participate," Barchi said. "Eric holds a special place in the hearts of the class of 2014 and the entire university community. We are thrilled that he will be joining us on stage to make this special occasion ever more memorable." LeGrand also will receive a degree at the ceremony. He was paralyzed from the neck down while making a tackle on a kickoff during a 2010 game against Army. He now is able to breathe on his own and stand upright with the help of a metal frame. LeGrand is known mostly for his hopeful outlook. He has appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated, helped with Rutgers football broadcasts, become a motivational speaker and signed a symbolic contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they were coached by his former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano. Last fall, LeGrand became the first football player to have his number retired by the university. LeGrand told the Home News Tribune of East Brunswick that he was mapping out what he would say in a speech. "I was just going to give inspirational words about how they should attack life," he said. "All the things Ive learned so far." Air Max 97 Off White Blanche Pas Cher . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Watch the 2014 NBA Draft on TSN, Thursday at 7pm et/4pm pt. Fausse Air Max 97 Plus .Y. - Lou Williams scored 21 points and the Toronto Raptors beat New York 81-76 on Monday night in the Knicks preseason home opener. http://www.outletairmaxpascher.fr/fausse...x-90-homme.html. In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager. Air Max Pas Cher France . -- LeBron James warned the Orlando Magic to stop double-teaming him and ignoring James Jones. Air Max 270 React Pas Cher Femme .The South African had three birdies on the front nine and another four after the turn at Leopard Creek Country Club to move to 16-under 128 overall.Grace, who won all four of his European Tour titles in 2012, dropped his only shot of the competition on the par-3 fifth.NEW YORK -- Mark Teixeira has provided consistent power for weeks. The rest of the New York Yankees joined in Saturday. Teixeira hit a two-run homer, Zoilo Almonte connected in his first start of the season and New York went deep five times for a 7-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates. It was the second time since 2011 that five Yankees players homered in one game. "It was nice to see," manager Joe Girardi said. "Our team is built for this park." Brett Gardner and Alfonso Soriano also homered off a struggling Edinson Volquez to back five scoreless innings from David Phelps (1-0). Brian McCann added a two-run drive in the eighth against reliever Vin Mazzaro as New York won for only the second time in eight home games. Coming off consecutive road shutouts against the crosstown rival Mets, the Yankees took their third straight following a four-game slide. "We had a very good game overall," Soriano said. "Thats what we expect." Starling Marte homered and had three hits in his return to the starting lineup for the Pirates, winless at Yankee Stadium since Harvey Haddix pitched them to a 5-2 victory in Game 5 of the 1960 World Series. Volquez (1-4) gave up six hits -- four homers -- and no walks in 6 1-3 innings, dropping to 0-4 in his last five starts. Teixeira connected on a 1-2 pitch following Derek Jeters single in the first for his eighth home run in his last 17 games. It was the 350th of his career, tying Chili Davis for sixth place among switch-hitters. Almonte sent Volquezs first pitch of the third into the raised bleachers in right-centre for his second major league homer. Called up from the minors Tuesday, Almonte was a late addition to the lineup when centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was scratched with flu-like symptoms. Gardner homered leading off the sixth and Soriano did the same in the seventh. "They are great hitters and I made a lot of mistakes," Volquez said. "You cannot make a lot of mistakes in this ballpark." After a rainout Friday night, 47,353 fans turned out on a beautiful afternoon for the Pirates first visit to the current Yankee Stadium. They went 0-6 in interleague games at the old place, swept in a June 2005 series and again two years later. Phelps pitched out of early trouble to earn his first win as a starter since July 4, 2013, at Minnesota. After beginning the season in the bullpen, the right-hander was making his third staart since replacing injured Michael Pineda in the rotation.dddddddddddd "At the end of the day it was five zeros and Ill take that," he said. "You dont want to grind every time out, but its one thing that Ive kind of done this year. I havent really had my best stuff yet." Phelps got some help from the overaggressive Pirates, who ran into three outs on the bases. "We were pushing guys out there," manager Clint Hurdle said. "Those are the chances you want to take when youre not getting those big hits with runners in scoring position, try to push yourself across the plate or get yourself in scoring position." Dellin Betances tossed two innings in relief before Adam Warren and Matt Daley finished up. Phelps is 3-0 with a 1.08 ERA in his last three starts at Yankee Stadium. "He made pitches when he had to," Girardi said. "There were some good plays." Pirates bopper Pedro Alvarez, who grew up a few miles from Yankee Stadium, went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts in his first game against the Yankees. He left about a dozen tickets for family and friends and was expecting his father to be in the crowd. Two calls were overturned on replay challenges, one in favour of each team. Both plays involved tags by Jeter at second base. "We won with the home run today, which were capable of doing," Teixeira said. "We have to score a little bit more and I think the last few games our pitching has really picked us up. So its good to see us break out today." NOTES: Marte (lower back tightness) made his first start in a week. ... 1B Ike Davis, traded by the Mets last month, went 0 for 3 with a walk and three strikeouts in his return to New York. ... Girardi said he would be "kind of shocked" if LHP CC Sabathia (right knee) is able to return after only 15 days on the disabled list. "We dont know when hes coming back," Girardi said. ... Pineda (shoulder muscle) is scheduled to throw 25 pitches on the side Sunday. ... Ichiro Suzuki (back) entered in RF in the ninth and is likely to play in the traditional doubleheader Sunday -- the first single-admission twinbill at Yankee Stadium since 2004. ... RHP Hiroki Kuroda chose to start the opener Sunday against Pirates RHP Charlie Morton. LHP Vidal Nuno will pitch the second game against RHP Gerrit Cole, who spurned the Yankees to attend UCLA after they drafted him out of high school. ' ' '

jin shuiqian  
jin shuiqian

the Sky Bet EFL and EFL
with dunks and around

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz